Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lamp Re-vamp

Alright... it has been a while since I have posted. Things have been quite busy lately. The last 3 weeks have consisted of:
my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary weekend celebration (Paris themed because they took a trip to France to celebrate their incredible 50 YEARS!) I spear-headed the open-house.

(My Little Red Ridin' Hood at the open house... My cousin took this pic)

we welcomed a new addition to our extended family,

(Miss Mae and her newest cousin)

we headed off for a weekend in KC for our 4th anniversary to enjoy the CARDINALS play the Royals,

(My husband is a HUGE Cardinals fan)

and I decorated and catered a rehearsal dinner for a dear friend of mine with my fabulous sister-in-law G at Sweet Tea and Tulips. (hopefully I can get some pics later of this... I was too busy to take my own!)

Also, the day of the wedding I was the personal assistant for that same dear friend!


WOW! What a blast all the parties and celebrations were... but I am so glad I was able to catch some "me-time" lately. To relax after it all, I grabbed a lamp shade that I wasn't too fond of and spruced it up. Thought I would share...


This is a little sitting area I have in my living room. The shade on the lamp I have changed multiple times because I just can't find one I am in love with. I love the shape of this one... but would have perferred it to have a little "umph." I decided to add my own "umph." With a little hot-glue, ribbon, and a rub-on decal this is what I came up with!


The black and white ribbon in the middle has the same print as the pillows and the bottom foot of the curtains. I then lined that ribbon with red ribbon. Before I completed it I added that same damask design with a rub-on. I LOVE IT! And now it has the right amount of "umph!"

2 comments:

  1. I love the lamp, partner! I'm glad you had some time to work on a project! How's the rug coming? Just kidding...can't wait to do some thrifty shopping with you!

    Mrs. G

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first picture of Lillee is perfect! She's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete